Gatherings are a core part of the ILO Institute experience.
40+ small, in-person, day-long events, in cities across the US and Europe (when public health conditions allow).
Recent and Upcoming In-Person Events
Dallas: Tom Leppert, former Mayor of Dallas and CEO of Turner Construction and Kaplan, Inc.
Chicago: Luke Mansfield, currently Chief Strategy Officer at Harley-Davidson, and former head of innovation initiatives at Samsung in Europe and at PepsiCo.
Boston: Eric Maskin, winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics and distinguished professor at Harvard University.
Chicago: Robert Zimmer, president of the University of Chicago.
Los Angeles: Richard Halkett, global managing director of Amazon’s Digital Innovation Group.
Chicago: Nobel-Prize-winning economist Lars Peter Hansen, distinguished professor at the University of Chicago.
New York: William Eimicke, professor of public policy at Columbia University.
New York: Rob Seamans, professor of economics at NYU, formerly Senior Economics Advisor to President Barack Obama
San Francisco: Guy Horowitz, Partner for Growth Equity at Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners.
Los Angeles: Jim Rinaldi, head of Future IT for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab.
Seattle: Ben Slivka, a legendary technology leader, having formed and run the Internet Explorer development team at Microsoft
New York City: Andrew Haarsager, head of Cartier’s Retail Innovation Lab.
New York City: Murli Buluswar, Head of Analytics for Citi’s consumer bank.
Austin: Admiral William McRaven, who served as commander of the United States Special Operations.
Detroit: D V Rao, Chief Strategy Officer of CMS Energy and Consumers Energy, serving ten million residents of Michigan as their public utility.
ILO Gathering images, clockwise from the top: Amsterdam, New York, London, St. Louis
Weekly Virtual Gatherings:
40+ senior executives joining in a rigorous, friendly, noncommercial environment.
Recent virtual gathering topics include:
- The Rise of Self-Management
- Innovation Practices and Lessons from Amazon
- An Up-Close Look at the Data Emerging from the Covid-19 Pandemic
- The Role and Evolution of Open-Innovation Platforms and Marketplaces
- The Intersection of Data and Customer Experience
- Discussion and Demo of VR, Hybrid Reality, and AIFor the Enterprise and Large-Scale Learning
- Tools to Measure and Increase Levels of Psychological Safety among Staff and Executives
- An Interplanetary Initiative to Explore the Future of Humans Beyond Earth
- How Emerging Technologies Emerge at Disney
- Two Extraordinary Innovation Successes: One at Pepsico and One at Avanade — Both were Pitch-Perfect, Enormously Valuable…and Ultimately Cast Aside.
Past speakers at our 40+ small, roundtable events for members, always capped at 20
President, Grinnell College
U.S. Secretary of Defense
Prime Minister of the Netherlands
Author and Academic
Chief Innovation Evangelist, Google
Nobel-Prize winning economist (focus on education)
Nobel-Prize Winning Economist
Secretary of the Smithsonian
CEO of Xerox PARC
PSL, Google, Vulcan Capital, MSFT
Formerly Editor of the Harvard Business Review
Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab
Head of Future IT, Jet Propulsion Lab
Head of the Allen AI Institute Incubator
Roundtable Participants, at a Recent Event in Seattle
- Chief Data and Analytics Officer, PowerBI and Dynamic, Microsoft
- Chief Digital Officer, Robert Half
- Chief Technology Innovation Officer, Avanade
- Chief Technology Officer, Lululemon
- CTO, Diebold Nixdorf
- Director, Enterprise Infrastructure and Operations, Seattle
- Children’s Hospital
- Executive Director, Enterprise Services and Digital Services, Kaiser Permanente
- General Manager, Amazon Connect, Amazon
- GM, Global Alliances, Amazon Business, Amazon
- Head of Incubation, Chief Innovation Officer, Ericsson
- Senior Advanced Analytics/Data Science Manager, Starbucks
- Senior Director, Health Strategy, Huron
- VP and General Manager, IT Infrastructure Hosting, Networking and Analytics, Intel
- VP Human Resources, Getty Images
- VP Human Resources, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- VP Labor and Global Workforce Management, Starbucks
- VP Technology, Divisional CIO, Hasbro
Roundtable Participants, at a Recent Event in New York
- Chief Architect, Director of Strategy and Innovation, AT&T
- Chief Data Officer, Havas
- Chief Information Officer, Tokio Marine HCC
- Chief Information Officer, Immunomedics
- Chief Marketing Officer, CenturyLink
- Chief Strategy Officer, WPP
- Corporate Chief Marketing Officer,AIG
- CTO, Digital Prism
- Dean, College of Professional Studies, Northeastern University
- Director, Partnership Innovation and Strategy, Save the Children
- Director, Strategy and Partnerships, New York City Public Schools
- Global Chief Learning and Engagement Officer, Young & Rubicam
- Global Head – Industry Marketing, Tata Consultancy Services
- Head of Market Research, BlackRock
- Managing Director, Nielsen Ventures, Nielsen
- Managing Director, Digital, Synchrony Financial
- Marketing Director, Thought Leadership, Verisk Analytics
- Senior Director, Global Innovation, Pepsico
- UX/UI Lead, Google
- VP Applied Innovation Exchange, Capgemini
- VP, Global Innovation Programs, Stryker
Roundtable Participants, at a Recent Event in London
- CFO, Unilever Enterprise Services, Unilever
- Chief Customer Officer, BT
- Chief Digital and Technology Officer, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Chief Officer, Strategy and Corporate Development, Visa Europe
- Chief Operating Officer, RBS
- Chief Risk Officer, Zurich Insurance Company
- CIO, International Retail, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- General Manager, Data Labs UK&I and EMEA, Experian
- Global Head of HR Systems, Aberdeen Asset Management
- Head of Digital Platforms, HSBC
- Head of Equities, EMEA, Barclay’s
- Head of Mobile Innovation, Barclay’s
- President, Digital, Global Portfolio & Marketing, Global Services, BT
- Strategic Transformation Director, Barclays Bank
- Technology Principal, Digital Innovation Organisation, BP
- VP Finance, Thomson Reuters
- VP Product Strategy and Innovation, BCD Travel
Roundtable Participants, at a Recent Event in Miami
- Chief Architect/Mobile Strategist, Unisys
- Consumer Segments and Products Head, Citi
- COO, Hong Kong, Asia Pacific Operations, QBE Insurance
- Partner, Digital Transformation, Deloitte Digital
- Director, Digital and Technology Innovation, PwC
- Director, Global Transformation Strategy, American Express
- Director, Insights and Thought Leadership, GroupM Latin America
- Distinguished Engineer, Watson for Genomics, IBM
- EVP and CIO, United Automobile Insurance
- Executive Vice President, US-Rx Care
- Head of Business and Corporate Development, Latam, Akamai
- Head of Operations, Digital Selling, SAP
- Partner, EY
- President, Americas Multicultural, Dentsu Aegis Network
- SVP Global Information Systems, Sony Pictures Tech
- VP Customer Experience, Western Union